We’ve been back in the US for a week. What does that look like:
- 7 Days
- 13 boxes of Mac and Cheese
- 3 visits to Thai for take-out
- 2 trips to the new Indian restaurant
- 1 Party at our house (first night back)
- 38 guests
- 2 Awesome neighbors who dealt with food for the party
- 6 sleepovers (Max=1, Ian=2, Charlie = 3)
The best things about the US:
- Working appliances … not only do they all work (oven turns on, etc.) but they can all work AT THE SAME TIME.
- Longer than 3-minute showers… with hot water the ENTIRE time.
- Soft toilet paper!
- Soft tissues!
- That rug in front of the front door that gets stuck when we open it…
(OK, it’s a little thing, but it’s the only thing I’ve found so far… :)
Everyone’s a little on edge but excited to be home with friends. Still living out of boxes but at least we found nail clippers and toothbrush chargers.